Professional installation is by far the best choice when deciding to get window film applied. Professional dealer installers are given guidance from the manufacturer; aids that are provided by the manufacturer allow the dealer to help you choose the correct film. Certain particulars need to be taken into account in order to select the proper window film for your windows. Professionally installed window film lasts longer and is going to meet the specifications and more than likely out live their warranties when installed properly. The dealer is also highly trained and educated and can quickly identify distinct or unusual circumstances that are sometimes encountered when installing window film; these conditions may not be noticed by an individual who is not trained in this field. When installed by a window film expert, a warranty is included that usually covers costs of removals, replacement, and re-installation, whereas purchasing window film elsewhere will likely only come with a warranty to cover replacement for product failure. Even the best film installed can fail if applied improperly and will more than likely not live up to your expectations. Going with professional installation is key to achieving all that window film has to offer. Window film provides much to the consumer. It supplies personal and property protection from the sun and also adds safety and security if the glass were to ever be broken. The way window films work is closely related to local weather conditions, building positioning, window sizes, and exterior standing conditions and with rising energy costs, window film is becoming a very valuable investment for commercial and residential owners. There are a vast variety of window films on the market, each manufactured to meet different needs.
The IWFA (International Window Film Association) has conducted much research as to what benefits window film has to offer. Check out their results below:
All window films typically offer:
- Up to 99% Ultraviolet (UV) light reduction resulting in:
- Significant fade protection for furniture, carpet, draperies, wood, etc.
- Reduced fabric/textile deterioration
- Reduced exposure to UV radiation, which has been linked to certain cancers.
- Increased shatter resistance resulting in:
- Increased peace of mind
- Increased safety for family & friends
Heavy gauge security films offer significant benefits from:
- Natural disasters such as violent storms, earthquake, high winds, etc.
- Vandalism, terrorist bombings, smash & grab, etc.
- Scratching/graffiti (glass tagging) on exterior windows, restroom mirrors, elevator doors and glass, and similar flat/smooth surfaces
Scratch resistant hard coating protects against:
- Accidental abrasion and product deterioration from normal cleaning
- Hazy appearance typical with plastic type materials
- Good performance in all climates
Significantly reduced solar heat gain resulting in:
- Increased comfort
- Reduced air conditioning costs
- Reduced HVAC equipment wear and tear/maintenance
- Increased fade resistance
- Glare reduction
- Daytime privacy
- Attractive accent to home and business windows
- Lower energy demands from utilities resulting in:
- Lower overall energy costs
- Decreased demand for new power generating facilities
- Decreased environmental emissions
For an even more in-depth look into the world of window film call All American Window Tinting, Inc. at 303-936-1362 or visit our website at https://www.allamericanwindowtinting.com/security/